Answered By: Library Staff Last Updated: Aug 18, 2016 Views: 634
To access electronic resources from off-campus you will need to enter your library barcode number and last name when prompted. If you do not have a library card email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Off-campus students have unlimited access to all SIT electronic databases. Databases are accessed through the Search Our Databases link. Articles that are not full-text can be requested via Interlibrary Loan. You need your library account information to access the databases and for Interlibrary Loan.
If you have a complete citation and want to read the article, use the eJournal Portal feature to determine if SIT carries the journal and article you are looking for. If the journal is available only in our print holdings in the library, please use Interlibrary Loan to request the article remotely.
Off-campus students in the U.S. or Canada can request that the library mail books from the SIT collection or books requested from other libraries. Students outside the U.S. or Canada can request parts of books be sent to them electronically.
To request items from the Donald B. Watt Library:
- Search the catalog on the library homepage to find books you are interested in borrowing.
- To request an item, please email us at email@example.com:
- If you are located within the United States or Canada, we can mail items from our main collection. Items will be checked out to your account and you will be responsible for mailing them back to the library. Please note that we can not send non-circulating items such as reference books or full issues of journals. In your email, include your mailing address and the title(s) of the book(s) you want.
- If you are located elsewhere in the world and you need a part of a book, we can scan and email up to 2 chapters of a book. In your email, let us know that you are overseas and which chapters you'd like OR that you would like to see the Table of Contents to choose chapters. Due to copyright limitations, entire books cannot be copied but this service is useful for getting a key chapter or chapters necessary for your work.
- Items can be renewed online through the catalog on the patron login page Enter your library barcode and last name to access your account.